Highlights: Romance - Wine & Gastronomy - Loire Valley Castles
Duration: 4 days / 3 nights
Date: All year long
Transportation: Your own car for the self guided days and our deluxe vehicle for the guided days
Accommodation: Luxury Chateau hotel
Romance in the air… whether you would like to celebrate a special anniversary, organize a surprise for your love one or just enjoy a unique getaway, you are in the right spot. With its lovely castles, its fine gastronomy and gentle landscapes, the Loire Valley is indeed the ultimate romantic destination in France.
This tour is a combination of the most inspirational sites, the finest restaurants and some highly romantic activities… to fulfill your wildest dreams. As for your accommodation, we have selected the “newly weds room” in a family owned 14th century castle, where magical weddings are still organized…
For your convenience and to give you more privacy we have imagined a half-guided tour where self-guided days will be mixed with privately guided visits and privately chauffeured activity when drinking is involved. But, of course, this tour can be fully guided and chauffeured to meet your requirements.
Day 1 : Arrival in the romantic Loire Valley
After settling down in your love nest, we suggest that you spend the rest of your day in Amboise, to visit Amboise, the cradle of the Renaissance and its castle. At your return to the castle, enjoy your first diner in a romantic atmosphere.
Day 2: Chenonceau and the Cher River
The castle of Chenonceau, also known as the “Ladies castle” will seduce you not only by its location, across the Cher River but by its story… A cruise on board a traditional boat will allow you to admire it from the water and take amazing pictures between its arcs. But love is also in the air… so as the sun set down, board an hot air balloon for a majestic view of the Loire river.
Day 3: Romantic nature…
Start your day at Leonardo Da Vinci last residence located in the middle of a huge park, in Amboise, and let you be driven across the Valley de l’Indre up to Bourgueil for a wine tasting and a lunch in the vineyards… On the way back, take a walk among Villandry’s leveled gardens and admire their magnificent layout.
Day 4: The Forbidden romance…
Did you know that Wallis Simpson and the Duke of Windsor, formerly King Edward VIII tied the knot in the Loire Valley? Before leaving, discover the castle of Candé that hosted their marriage and the many souvenirs of that day, carefully preserved by the former owner of the place.
Price & inclusions
Price starting from € 1 819,00 per person (€ 3 638,00 for a party of 2 people)
Subject to availability at the time of booking.
- 3 Nights in a luxury Chateau hotel.
- All Breakfasts.
- 2 Lunches with drinks, including one semi-gastronomic lunch in the park of Chenonceau, and one romantic lunch in a secluded spot with local specialities.
- 2 Dinners in high regarded restaurants of the region without drinks matching the Loire Valley cuisine.
- Welcome gift and flowers in your room.
- All the entrance fees of the Loire castles listed (Amboise, Chenonceau, Clos Lucé, Villandry, Candé).
- Private guided visits of the Clos Lucé and the Chateau of Villandry.
- A river boat cruise in Chenonceau on board a traditional boat.
- A wine tasting.
- Transportation on day 3 with a private English-Speaking guide (allowing you to fully enjoy the wine tasting).
- Detailed pedestrian walking itinerary of the town of Amboise.
- Air balloon ride (subject to weather conditions).
- Riverloire local assistance.
- Fees and taxes.