Highlights: 165 km biking - Sightseeing - Wine & Gastronomy - Nature
Duration: 5 Days / 4 Nights
Date: From April to October
Transportation: Bike (with all equipment), your luggage will be transferred separately by RiverLoire
Accommodation: A selection of 3* and 4* hotels
Additional service: A private biking guide with you all along your trip
Thanks to the Loire à Vélo scheme, the Loire valley has become the perfect place for a cycling holiday with a mix of dedicated cycle paths and meticulously signposted routes along minor roads. But along this 5 day trip you will not only ride your bike… You will discover the Loire Valley from the inside, visit some must-see sites and even taste the local wine and gastronomy! Just follow our detailed road maps and enjoy the landscapes… All the entrance tickets are provided to avoid queuing. And every night, you will go to bed in a different hotel, specially selected for its comfort and authentic charm. Do not worry about your bags, the Riverloire team will take care of them and transfer them from hotel to hotel during the day.
The itinerary has been crafted in cooperation with our “guide on wheels” for middle level bikers, cycling on their own. It can of course be adjusted to your physical condition and taste. If you would like our guide to go with you, this is possible for an additional cost.
Day 1 : Arrival in the Loire Valley
Upon your arrival in Amboise, which will be your starting point, get familiar with your bike and your equipment and have a look to your itinerary with the RiverLoire team. Take also some time to visit the chateau of Amboise before a good night sleep.
Day 2: Amboise - Chenonceau - Montbazon (52km)
The first site on your road will be Chenonceau Castle, built over the Cher river. A short ride from there will take you to a private estate for a unique wine and cheese tasting. A Riverloire exclusivity and a privileged moment to get in touch with locals. A last ride across the lush and green Valley de l’Indre will bring you to your hotel of the day.
Day 3: Montbazon - Villandry - Azay-le-Rideau (46km)
Start your day with a 22km ride up to Villandry and its enchanted gardens. In the afternoon, visit the Renaissance chateau of Azay-le-Rideau which facades mirror in the peaceful waters of its lake. When you are done, just hop to your hotel for a good rest!
Day 4: Azay-le-Rideau - Rigny Usse - Fontevraud - Montsoreau (40 to 60km)
The castle may look familiar… it was indeed Charles Perrault’s main source of inspiration for its fairytale Sleeping Beauty… Next stop will be the Abbaye of Fontevraud and finally, Montsoreau and its amazing castle. Relax in the spa of your Boutique Hotel.
Day 5: Montsoreau - Saumur (15 km)
A short ride to finish your tour… and allow you to discover the “cadre noir” of Saumur (the prestigious horse riding school). The Riverloire team will pick you up at the end of the day to drive you back to your train station.
Price & inclusions
Price starting from € 1 660,00 per person (€ 3 320,00 for a party of 2 people)
Subject to availability at the time of the booking.
- 1 Night in a 4* Manor Hotel in Amboise (based on a double room).
- 1 Night in a 4* Château Hotel in Montbazon.
- 1 Night in a 3* Hotel in Azay-le-Rideau.
- 1 Night in a 4* Boutique Hotel in Montsoreau.
- All the breakfasts.
- 4 Dinners without drink.
- 1 Lunch, drinks included.
- Entrance fees of the castles of Amboise, Chenonceau, Villandry, Azay le Rideau, Ussé, Abbaye de Fontevraud, Montsoreau and Cadre Noir in Saumur (self guided visits).
- Visit of a private property with wine and cheese tasting.
- Rental bicycles from day 2 to day 5 included, with “touring package” (helmets, cycling bags, repair kit, maps holder...).
- Personalized and detailed itinerary maps.
- Cycling GPS.
- All the transfers of your luggage in between accommodation.
- Private car transfers from and to Saint Pierre des Corps train station.
- RiverLoire local assistance during all your stay.
- Fees and taxes.