Highlights: Wine & Gastronomy - Life style - Castles - Michelin star restaurants
Duration: 6 days / 5 nights
Date: From April to December
Transportation: Fully chauffeured private luxury car with your guide
Accommodation: Deluxe 4* Manor Hotel downtown Amboise and 4* Relais & Chateaux Hotel
Known as the "garden of France", the Loire Valley produces an abundance of fruit and vegetables as well as an assortment of produce, game and fish, to not even mention the extensive range of cheeses native to the Loire Valley.
The Gastronomy tour will welcome you in the heart of France and have you fall in love with the intense aromas, beautiful thought out flavors and sensational tastes of delicately crafted masterpieces.
Visiting the impressive castles and chateaux of the region will make dining like kings and queens a true reality. Not only will you experience magnificent tastes at the hand of Michelin star chefs, but get to touch, smell and use the finest ingredients the area has to offer, in a private master class.
Experience the thrill of lively market places as passionate vendors suggest the best serving of their produce, refresh with the crisp and enchanting aromas of the best local wines and indulge in a classic Tarte Tatin or other decadent sweet options the area has to offer.
The layout of the gourmet tour is just an example of a possible itinerary. Feel free to ask for more information about the options, or to have your own tour designed according to your taste.
Day 1: Amboise market, an introduction to the local products
Every Friday and Sunday, the market takes place on the Loire River banks in Amboise. Stroll between the stands and discover all the delicacies the region has to offer. After a typical lunch, set up for the cultural visit of the town.
Day 2: From fresh fruits to dry fruits…
Visit some famous castles and gardens and learn how the local producers turn the locally grown fresh pears and apples into mouthwatering sweets. The chef of your first Michelin star restaurant will welcome you for dinner.
Day 3: Tasting and cooking
Around the corner of an Amboise street, discover the work of an authentic walnut and nut oil producer. Then, we’ll make our way to Vouvray for your first wine tasting. After lunch, our chef is awaiting you for a special cooking class: the apéritif à la française. Back in Vouvray, you will taste for dinner the cooking of another Michelin star chef.
Day 4: The Beauty, the Beast and the goats…
If Chenonceau is often considered as the “Lady” castle or “the Beauty”, Chambord is without any doubt the largest castle, or “the beast” of the area. You will visit both, but also go to a local goat farm that makes goat milk cheese, one of the specialty of the Loire Valley. In the evening, try out your new hotel and its Michelin listed restaurant.
Day 5: Castle, Wine and Chocolate
Cheverny is more than just a castle, it is also a wine appellation… You will enjoy both as well as the nearby chocolate factory. For your dinner, Fumiko is added a little Japanese touch to her husband gourmet cuisine, applauded again by the famous Michelin guide.
Day 6: A culinary promenade in Tours
Accompanied by your chef, you will visit the Halles of Tours and select the products you are going to prepare. After your private class, enjoy the lunch you have cooked together.
Price starting from € 3 590,00 per person (€ 7 180,00 for a party of 2 people)
Subject to availability at the time of the booking.
This package includes:
- 3 Nights in a 4* Manor Hotel.
- 2 Nights in a 4* Relais & Châteaux© Hotel.
- Daily breakfasts.
- 6 Gourmet lunches with drinks included (including lunch after your cooking class on day 6).
- All private transportation and transfers with an English-speaking guide through your entire stay, with periods of free time.
- 5 dinners bookings and transfers by taxi from and to the restaurants when required in the evening.
- All the entrance fees for the Chateaux of Amboise, Clos Lucé, Azay le Rideau, Villandry, Chenonceau, Chambord and Cheverny.
- A privately guided visit of a local dried fruits factory, including tasting.
- A privately guided visit of a local nut oil producer, including tasting.
- A privately guided visit of a local goat farm, including cheese tasting.
- A stop in a chocolate shop.
- 2 private visits and wine tastings in a stunning troglodyte wine cellar and in a private domain.
- 2 private cooking lessons with a Chef.
- 2 private walking tours of different markets.
- A pedestrian itinerary of the city of Amboise.
- RiverLoire local assistance.
- Fees and taxes.